Aye matey – it’s Talk Like A Pirate Day, Carrie Underwood in The Sound of Music Live, Megan and Liz Backstage Pass – Seattle, The Band Perry to perform at Beyond Hunger and iHeartRadio Music Festival, Hollywood Ending announces show in London, Bean records segments for AwesomenessTV, Ashley Argota in new peta2 campaign, Details on The Hub Network’s First Annual Halloween Bash
Aye matey – it’s Talk Like A Pirate Day!
NBC has released new poster art for The Sound of Music Live!, starring Carrie Underwood as Maria von Trapp. The live production will be based off the original three-hour 1959 Broadway production and is scheduled to air live on December 5th.
Even though the tour is over you can still enjoy it! Check out the Seattle edition of Megan & Liz: The American Rag Backstage Pass. It includes the duo sharing about their recent purchases, a walk down the street, soundcheck and more.
The Band Perry will perform a special acoustic set at Heifer International’s second annual Beyond Hunger: A Place At The Table event on September 19th at the Montage Beverly Hills. This event will honor Academy Award-winning actress Susan Sarandon for her commitment to Heifer International in its efforts to end world hunger. The event will be co-hosted by Geena Davis, Jon & Kirsten Heder, Eva Amurri Martino & Kyle Martino, Ian Somerhalder, Dr. Heather Richardson, Laura Turner Seydel and Keisha Whitaker. Proceeds from the evening will directly benefit Heifer’s mission to end hunger, poverty and protect the Earth.
The Band Perry will make their debut appearance at the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas, NV on Saturday, September 21st. They will perform as part of the iHeartRadio Music Festival Village on the famed Las Vegas strip, with the likes of The Wanted, Avril Lavigne, Jason Derulo and Miley Cyrus.
Hollywood Ending has announced a new show on December 8th at Islington Academy 2 in London. Tickets go on sale tomorrow at 10am (UK time).
Bean poses for a quick picture with guitarist Dan Kalisher (who just finished touring with Megan & Liz). Yesterday the two recorded some new content for AwesomenessTV.
peta2‘s new animal adoption campaign featuring Ashley Argota & Annie is now online. Click here to what she has to say about adopting animals and see her :70 second video promo.
More details! As mentioned earlier this week The Hub Network will host the first Hub Network’s First Annual Halloween Bash, on October 26th on the cable channel.
The special will be hosted by Kenan Thompson (Saturday Night Live), along with Halloween expert Martha Stewart who will lead a panel of celebrity judges, and includes music performances from Cody Simpson, and a nationwide costume competition where 50 semi-finalists from each state will head to Los Angeles to be a part of the two-hour star-studded event.
One lucky winner will win $25,000 and a walk-on role on the Hub Network’s Daytime Emmy Award-winning series, R.L. Stine’s The Haunting Hour: The Series.
The Hub Network’s First Annual Halloween Bash costume competition is open to all ages, including individuals or a maximum of five people per group submission. Participants are encouraged to create eye-popping, hair-raising and spooky costumes within one of the following six categories:
· Howl-arious: Shows the lighter side of Halloween with a take on a fun, funny or otherwise hilarious costume.
· Spook-tacular: Get ready to frighten America by showcasing the most spine-chilling costume for all the ghosts and ghouls out there.
· Mad Genius: Unique, original, innovative and never seen before. A knight in armor fashioned from bottle caps, bat wings made from old umbrellas, or a cardboard-box jetpack, the possibilities are endless. Display a costume unlike any other — show your Mad Genius.
· Blast from the Past: Take a stroll down memory lane with a timeless costume. Memories, nostalgia and yesteryear brought to life. Show your take on great figures from before the 20thcentury or a retro 50’s sock hop get up, 60’s flower child or other “period” inspired costumes.
· Animal Kingdom: Transform into a living creature from the past or present. Be a roaring lion, a school of jellyfish, a firefly, or a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
· Everyday Stuff: We’re looking for the coolest refrigerator/freezer, remote control, mailbox, block of Swiss cheese, telephone and more. Be creative and transform the ordinary into the extra-ordinary.
For more information on how to enter, as well as to check out the latest entries, please visit hubworld.com/halloween and also their video at YouTube. The deadline to enter is Sunday, September 29, 2013.
7pm CST – Lemonade Mouth (Disney Channel)
Five high-school students form a music group and prepare to compete against a popular rock band.
7pm CST – The X Factor: Auditions No. 4 (FOX)
Solo artists and vocal groups audition.
1 Girl Nation
Water Street Music Hall
Crocodile Rock Cafe
We Day Toronto
University of Utah
Salt Lake City, UT
Manchester Evening News Arena
Manchester, United Kingdom
Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran