Ariana Grande says it’s time to celebrate You!, Tonight Alive in Kerrang, Ashlee Simpson’s Autobiography turns 10, Radio Disney Top 30 Countdown, Glamorama Rock Star Fashion Tips
Quote of the Day:
“I’ve said this before but I love when y’all change your icons to you. You’re cute and should celebrate yourselves the way you celebrate your idols.”
Kerrang! Magazine has a new quick-fire interview with Tonight Alive‘s Jenna McDougall. Find out about who she dreamed of being when she was younger, the song that never fails to get her dancing, tour bus essentials and more.
Ten years ago today, Geffen Records released the debut studio album by Ashlee Simpson – Autobiography. The album debuted at number one on Billboard and went on to achieve triple platinum certification in the U.S.
1. Ariana Grande – Problem (f. Iggy Azalea)
2. Bella Thorne – Call It Whatever
3. Demi Lovato – Really Don’t Care
4. Becky G – Shower
5. Calvin Harris – Summer
6. Magic! – Rude
7. Charli XCX – Boom Clap
8. One Direction – You & I
9. Echosmith – Cool Kids
10. Afrojack – Ten Feet Tall (f. Wrabel)
11. Coldplay – A Sky Full of Stars
12. 5 Seconds of Summer – She Looks So Perfect
13. Lorde – Tennis Court
14. Shakira – Empire
15. Rixton – Me And My Broken Heart
16. The Vamps – Can We Dance
17. OneRepublic – Love Runs Out
18. Maroon 5 – Maps
19. Michael Jackson & Justin Timberlake – Love Never Felt So Good
20. Cher Lloyd – Sirens
21. Enrique Iglesias – Bailando
22. Rita Ora – I Will Never Let You Down
23. Pitbull – We Are One (Ole Ola)
24. Ariana Grande – Break Free (f. Zedd)
25. American Authors – Believer
26. Ingrid Michaelson – Girls Chase Boys
27. Pharrell Williams – Happy
28. Austin Mahone – Mmm Yeah (f. Pitbull)
29. G.R.L. – Ugly Heart
30. Clean Bandit – Rather Be (f. Jess Glynne)
Macy’s Passport Present Glamorama 2014
Rock Star Fashion Tips
“The only rule about dressing like a rock star is that there are no rules other than be yourself and have fun,” states Josh Saterman, Macy’s Vice President and Millennial Fashion Director. Here are a few more rock star style and fashion tips provided by Josh to bring out your inner rock star.
• Slip on sneakers for a more casual look and buckled peep-toe heeled booties for a night on the town.
• Belts that give accent to your waist whether you like lower rise or high-waisted skinny jeans.
• A thick, chunky belt with your tunic knit top is always a safe bet if you’ve moved into soft pants and ponte leggings.
• Stacked bracelets with new materials like wood, shiny metals in gold and shades of pinks, as well as wires and other new material give that special and unique spin.
• Two proportions for jackets: both moto and bomber silhouette shapes – The first is slightly cropped above the waistline. The second slightly oversized and athletic-inspired below the waistline. Rock it out with these shapes based on your bottom half. The ponte legging and skinny pant or jean can play well with the shape of your top and jacket.
• Rock stars make awesome patriots through evolved graphic tees, which speak to the cultural whimsy as well as art and music influence happening in the world today. This alone empowers a rock star to express their individualistic expression of the world and the way they feel about its current state. Graphic tees paired back well with a moto or bomber jacket and soft pants or ponte leggings. Throw on some amazing peep toe heel booties or slip on sneaks and you’re ready for a night on the town.
• Individuality, customization and being yourself all ring true in 2014.
8:30am CST – Fame (ABC Family)
Debbie Allen and Kelsey Grammer star in this showbiz drama about a diverse group of high-school students with a common dream: finding fame in the performing arts.
11am CST – Mean Girls 2 (ABC Family)
In this sequel to the 2004 feature film “Mean Girls,” a new student (Meaghan Martin) hopes to have a quiet senior year, but instead she dives into high-school drama by befriending a social outcast (Jennifer Stone) and defending her to the popular clique.
12pm CST – Dew Tour: Best of Ocean City, MD (NBC)
Beach Championships highlights in Ocean City, Md
1pm CST – A Cinderella Story (ABC Family)
Pop princess Hilary Duff plays against type as a neglected high-school student who meets her prince at a Halloween ball.
3pm CST – Another Cinderella Story (ABC Family)
A teen (Selena Gomez) loses her iPod at a masked ball and the handsome young man (Drew Seeley) with whom she danced tries to return it to her in this modern musical twist on the fairy tale.
5pm CST – Stick It (ABC Family)
A brush with the law sends a troublesome teen (Missy Peregrym) back into the world of competitive gymnastics and a tough coach (Jeff Bridges).
7pm CST – The Blind Side (ABC Family)
Leigh Anne Touhy, a headstrong, wealthy Memphis woman welcomes into her home Michael Oher, an emotionally traumatized African-American high-school student who turns out to be gifted at playing football.
7pm CST – Zapped (Disney Channel)
A high school student struggles to adjust to the demands of her new school and step family until she downloads an app that comes with the ability to give commands to human males.
8pm CST – Rising Star (ABC)
The duels continue.